Gifts of Appreciated Securities
How It Works
- You can send unendorsed stock certificates by registered mail or instruct your broker to make the transfer from your account to our account
- You receive an income-tax deduction
- The University of Illinois Foundation may keep or sell the securities
- You may receive a federal income-tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the securities
- You avoid long-term capital-gain tax on any appreciation in the value of the stock
- Your gift will support UIC as you designate
Special note: You should call or e-mail us to tell us of your intent, and we will be able to assist you with the details of the transfer.
Request an eBrochure
Which Gift Is Right for You?
University of Illinois Foundation
1305 W. Green Street MC-386
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.